Sunday, December 7, 2008

My First Training Day

This morning, I got up bright and early at 7:40 to get ready for my first day of training.
We arrived at Granville Island shortly after 8 and began our stretch. It's good to see almost everybody out! Everyone is very pumped about our first run.

The full marathon group will be running a 6km run and the half marathon group will be running a 4km run. I figured I should start a bit slower and ran with the half marathon group.

At first, I thought it went pretty well, but after the beginning distance, my muscles started whining. They're telling me to stop, but I keep saying to myself "NO, you KEEP GOING!" At about the halfway mark, my cousin was trying to get to the washroom, but it was so early, it was closed. Poor girl had to race to the 2k mark to get to the washroom. I think I found my pace buddy! Monique from Australia originally was at about the same pace as me. We got to chat for a bit while running. Coach Mike says we should run at a "conversational pace". This is actually one of those times I wish I didn't have to talk.

The key for today's training is 10 minute run 1 minute walk...I think I was more of a 4:1 ratio haha. My time today for the 4k: 40 minutes

In addition, I also got some more sponsors in the last two days.
Darren Wong: Thanks for taking the time out of studying for those boring accounting finals to check out my blog and donate!
Auntie Veronica, Uncle Ken, and Uncle Charlie: Thanks for supporting me! I will work hard!
Yee Ma Maureen and Por Por: Thanks for believing I can do it!
and finally
Neo Code Software - Joshua Paul: Although I only worked for you for one summer, I want to thank you for keeping in touch and supporting me in my training!

If you or your company would like to sponsor me and have a premium link from my blog, please contact me!

Please visit this page to sponsor me in my run on behalf of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of Canada.

No comments: